Hello

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all . I have been a lurker here for a long time and have almost always found good information on questions that I may have had. I have been reefing for about 15 years, and have had my ups and downs as I am sure most of you have had.
My latest DOWNER Friday night my 220 gal Oceanic BowFront sprung a leek on a seam at the back of the tank.Had to do a hurry up and drain the tank ,rock and all out to save the floor and furniture. Was able to save most of the live stock. Fortunately I did not have much in corals as this size tank has been a lot of work over the years and I let most go to friends and others. Put the tank on CL. FREE first come you must move and I can not help due to upcoming surgery. It was gone that night to someone that would reseal and appreciate it. Tank , Stand , Sump. Every thing but the lights and Controller.

So now I am looking at going much smaller and easier and have been looking at the Smaller 40 t 45 Gal AIO . I am looking utilizing the some of the lighting I have AI Sol Blues.

Question I have are these lights going to be just fine. and What Tanks do you recommend ? Looking at IA 40 Nuvo or C-view 45 or Waterbox.

Thank You
Chris

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I really like the looks of the IM40 ;)
AS000723_00.gif
#WelcometoR2R

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, welcome to R2R!

I'm really sorry to hear about the leak, that is a nightmare scenario I wouldn't want to think about dealing with but it sounds like you handled it like a pro!

While I didn't go from such a large tank as yours, I did go from a large system of 75 DT, 75 sump, and 50 refugium down to a much more manageable and enjoyable 60g cube. With a sump in the stand and a ato and dosing setup in a cabinet next to it I feel like I have all of the good stuff from a large system in a small manageable package. I use an AIO for a freshwater tank and it's cool, but for a SW setup it's nice to have the full on sump.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back