0   0   0
76ED34CC-A9D8-45B2-8ECA-AD9DAFF187A9.gif

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is a 30 gallon tank to big for a QT tank?

It is somewhat dependent on the size of the fish, but in most situations a 30g is fine for a QT.

Another great learning resource is the BRS 52 Weeks of Reefing videos that I have found very helpful!

OP
OP
TenBears

TenBears

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi TenBears and Welcome to R2R!
You have received good info and direction so far. The last post didn't show a photo if one was attached. My first impressions are there is something going on with your setup or source water. It could be any number of things causing your woes. It would greatly help if you provide ALL, and I do mean all info on what you have that compromises your setup. This is to include every bit of minutia, including make and model of everything in your system and your husbandry techniques. Clear, complete, and high-resolution photos go along way in helping us help you.
This can be licked.
Hit Like and Share often!
0528191224b.jpg

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your loss and challenges. I know it is not ideal but QT setup is the best thing you could do moving forward. All live stock can be treated accordingly to avoid disease and parasite outbreaks. Welcome to R2R!! Keep us posted.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice size tank to start with !!!

welcome41.gif

ClearLife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I just joined myself. I noticed the paint cans in the photo. If your still painting the inside of the house, you should turn off your skimmer and ventilate the house You could be paint poisoning the fish. Did you add some ornament from Walmart or somewhere that can't verify what you put in the tank is marine tank safe. I made that mistake when I set up my first tank and killed several fish.

OP
OP
TenBears

TenBears

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I just joined myself. I noticed the paint cans in the photo. If your still painting the inside of the house, you should turn off your skimmer and ventilate the house You could be paint poisoning the fish. Did you add some ornament from Walmart or somewhere that can't verify what you put in the tank is marine tank safe. I made that mistake when I set up my first tank and killed several fish.
Not painting. Nothing artificial in the tank. Cans are just sitting there. Haven't painted in about a year.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back