Hello!

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I'm Ro, and I'm new to this forum, but not new to fishkeeping. I started my dream nano reef recently, and have been going through learning everything I can as I hit each milestone. Before this tank I've kept both fish only salt water, and a variety of fresh and brackish tanks over the last 15 years or so.

My nano reef has been up and running for around 4 months, with ideal parameters consistently for the last month and a half. It's a 10 gal "widescreen" from Aqueon (there is no info online that this tank ever existed - it's tall and long) and a 10 gal sump with a fuge, miniskimmer, and a media basket under the drain from the tank.

I had a large handful of hitchhikers on my live rock including two good sized astrea, an unknown number of asterina, and a small red and white striped serpent star. I had a handful of sponges when I first started, and now it's settled down to a bunch of pineapple sponges as well as some other creepy white sponge that reminds me of alien worlds, and a decent number of copepods.

For what I've added intentionally, I currently have a large handful of dwarf ceriths (the company sent me 40 instead of 20 when I initially got my clean up crew,) 3 nerites, 2 blue leg hermits, 1 orange tip hermit from my clean up crew. I also have Chaeto in the sump refugium, more pods to get my refugium started, a starry dragonet, a skunk cleaner shrimp, two exquisite firefish (bonded pair,) and a porcelain crab. I finally got to a point that I can add corals in my tank, since it's been pretty consistent with water readings, and I bought my first corals this past weekend. My frags are pretty small, and I'm a little nervous to add them to my tank, so I'm learning a lot about each coral I got before I actually move them out of quarantine :)

Beyond that, I'm autistic, and mildly disabled due to AS and Lupus, so I spend a lot of time at home. Fish keeping has been an interest of mine for all of my life, and I got my first fish (a betta) when I was 13, and I was just absolutely sucked into the hobby. Mom would never let me have saltwater fish (and I'm thankful to her for not letting me because at the time, I didn't have the same access to information that I do today just due to the newness of the internet and being raised on "don't trust what you learn on the internet it's probably wrong" (my how times have changed.) I kept my first saltwater tank in college, and it was fish only because I didn't have the money it takes to do a reef properly. So here I am ten years later adding my first ever corals :)

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Ro, and thanks for signing up with us :)
giphy.gif

#WelcometoR2R

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back