Greenlady

Greenlady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BE715698-70B0-4E18-8B25-6DF15219E6C8.gif

Welcome to the R2R family! You should start a build thread in the “member tanks” forum. It’s a great way to track your progress

How do I build a thread in the members tank forum?

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
One more question. You said you had your chaeto in the 3 tier thing so do you put it on top or do you put the 3 tier thing in the sock or just under the sock? Also how does the chaeto get light? Is there a special light you use? I've seen one video with a magnet light that stuck to the back. It was cool.

Whay do you have in your 20 gallon?
I have replaced the filter sock and use the media caddy instead, I have filter floss in the first chamber or the top Chamber, Chaeto in the middle chamber and charcoal in the 3rd chamber. I don’t have a light for the back, and it still grows probably not as much as if I did. I started my tank with live sand and live rock, let it cycle for 3 weeks and used live bacteria to seed it. I have soft corals and 4 fish and one pistol shrimp. Oh and a few hermit crabs, a conch and and few snails.

OP
OP
Greenlady

Greenlady

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok
I

I have replaced the filter sock and use the media caddy instead, I have filter floss in the first chamber or the top Chamber, Chaeto in the middle chamber and charcoal in the 3rd chamber. I don’t have a light for the back, and it still grows probably not as much as if I did. I started my tank with live sand and live rock, let it cycle for 3 weeks and used live bacteria to seed it. I have soft corals and 4 fish and one pistol shrimp. Oh and a few hermit crabs, a conch and and few snails.
[/QUOTE

Sweet! Thank you very much I've been feeling dumb not knowing what to do. This really helped alot!! Nice! I love my nassarius snail

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have come to this site for over a year now looking for answers and finally joined today. I started out a year ago this April. Literally at petco and someone walk up to me from a van (no candy (coral) though) she ask me if I liked fish and gave me a bucket with live rock and two clownfish in it also a box of salt among other things. All for free! It was crazy so thats how I got started. They are still alive and healthy thanks to my anxiety of wanting them not to suffer because of my ignorance. So here I am finally upgrading to a 20 gallon fancy with the filter all in one inside instead of a hang on the back filter. I don't know where or what to put in the back part so I'm here for help. Sorry so long. I'm not good at giving small details.

Snapchat-339323800.jpg
Welcome to R2R. Lots of knowledgable and helpful people here who will support and advise you.

schaNYC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, I have come to this site for over a year now looking for answers and finally joined today. I started out a year ago this April. Literally at petco and someone walk up to me from a van (no candy (coral) though) she ask me if I liked fish and gave me a bucket with live rock and two clownfish in it also a box of salt among other things. All for free! It was crazy so thats how I got started. They are still alive and healthy thanks to my anxiety of wanting them not to suffer because of my ignorance. So here I am finally upgrading to a 20 gallon fancy with the filter all in one inside instead of a hang on the back filter. I don't know where or what to put in the back part so I'm here for help. Sorry so long. I'm not good at giving small details.
That is a great story on how you got started in the hobby. Sounds like fate!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Snapchat-339323800.jpg
that is a great post. you are going to enjoy sharing your experiences here!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back