OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pure awesome! Of course, you'll still need a reef somewhere . . .

I'll keep an ear to the ground for any of the things you're seeking - though CT might be a longish drive, should anything turn up . . .

~Bruce
My 180 reef will still be reefin! :D

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m probably going to be sacrilegious right now as the forum tang guy, but I don’t really care for them... I don’t dislike them, but they don’t do much for me, either! It’s just a large fish with a massive bio load I’d rather have two more colorful fish. But I know I’m weird I know very few that wouldn’t jump to have one if they had the room!

That's the beauty of this hobby Jason....choices, choices, choices. Maybe I just like it because I live vicariously through his larger tank. They get a little too big for my 120...lol.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea on the tank but I'll make a weekend of it if you want me to come down and help with construction. I'm pretty handy at demolishing stuff :)

I just love tearing up Jason's new beautiful home! Hahahahaha

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just love tearing up Jason's new beautiful home! Hahahahaha
I'm pretty good at the rebuilding part as well...Just not as fun as the destruction part:)

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emperor angel, queen angel, French angel, Moorish Idols, Blueface angel, Passer angel, Ocean surgeonfish, Caribbean Blue tang, dussumeri tang, Blonde Naso Tang, achilles, Powder Blue, powder brown, and Sohal tangs. A puffer or two, a black volition lionfish, a trigger or two (toying hard with the clown trigger but I know the risks), Hawaiian Male banana wrasse, large red coris wrasse, Australian harlequin tusk, some other more aggressive wrasse and who knows what else.

On an unrelated note, it’s become apparent to me that I need to make a lot of money, quickly! :D

I may have to say no on the clown trigger after reading — large idols will be a target, even in a large tank. Idols take prescendent.

I’m also taking suggestions!
Gosh, those are all my faves!!

anit77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason, what are you look at price wise?
MRC here in Atlanta might be in the ballpark. If not new, they may also know about something used as well.

Congrats on the go ahead from the wifey! Sounds like it will be an awesome system. I'd love to do a 10'x30"x24-28" in the future.

easternreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make it her idea — I got lucky, my wife got a text from a co-worker that her boss had a huge 8 foot tank to part with that she kept in a divorce. I could snag it for cheap potentially (like $500) but it has no useful equipment at all, and on the wall if put it on 8 feet would look “small”. But since she came to me with it (thank you God for that bone!) it warmed her up to the idea!

Maybe stage something like that, I wasn’t smart enough to do that (Kidding)

It her idea... but she understands the dollar side of it as well. so that is a limiting factor right now. We have both interviewed recently for positions that potentially could triple our total household income.. possibly even greater. If we get these it is most likely a go in the next year or so.. She Really wants a puffer... :) and I won't have one in my reef.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So cool. I tried to pitch the idea of an in wall tank to my wife once. Once. The conversation went something like this;
"What would you think about an in wall tank by the front entrance that spans each corner of the guest bedroom?"

"Sounds awesome! What's an in wall tank?"

"It's a tank that is viewable from the living room but the tank is actually in the guest bedroom."

"What? How is that possible?"

"Well, I would cut the wall along here where it separates the bedroom from the living room..."

"Nope. Not in my lifetime."

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My partner is like your wife! I recently was ‘allowed’ to upgrade from a 42 to an 85 lol! His fam lives near ft Wayne, maybe we should go visit them! Then I could come help demolish too!!

Come on by — why is everyone so obsessed with the demolishing part! :D. I went to school for one year at IPFW in Fort Wayne, then moved back to Indy for IU Kelley School of Business and eventually Butler for grad school.

Jason, what are you look at price wise?
MRC here in Atlanta might be in the ballpark. If not new, they may also know about something used as well.

Congrats on the go ahead from the wifey! Sounds like it will be an awesome system. I'd love to do a 10'x30"x24-28" in the future.

Well, I see new they’re $2,000 to $4,000 and I’d like to spend that for all the materials or so in total... LOL she’s cheap (I am too but she makes me look like a spendthrift). I see several 8 foot tanks for cheap with tons of equipment and things I could sell (like $500 or less in a few cases). I wouldn’t be opposed to that size, either!

That sounds fantastic, can I dock my boat in it? :p

Most certainly, as long as you don’t give my fish marina ich! :D

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back