Help!! Anemone crisis

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

danny.alberto

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2021
Messages
17
Reaction score
5
Location
downey
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone
please help !!!
I have a Bubble tip anemone
It was shrunken and small with its guts kinda hanging out
I did a water change
now it looks swollen with the mouth exposed out
Color is still good
But want to know if this is concerning
I don’t want the anemone to die and kill all my livestock
I have no other corals or anemones


I check my water parameters
Salinity 1.21
Ph 8.0
Everything else is ok alkalinity is a tiny bit off

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
Salinity is too low, should be 1.025.
How old is the tank?
What lighting?
Go ahead and post the other water parameters.
It’s is 3 months old
Lighting is a current USA marine for coral
I have put the bio start up and trigger pods
Also use phytoplankton twice a month
 
i think the tank is a bit young for an anemone yet and your salinity is a bit low like others have said a tank should be up for at least 8 months
 
Thank you guys so much for the help!
I was able to give back the anemone to the store before anything major happened
Good call. Once you're a more seasoned reefer, you can consider trying an anemone again.

Something else to consider -- the light you're using is fine for lower light corals, but once you start adding some of the more light-loving corals you may want to purchase a new light.
 
Thank you guys so much for the help!
I was able to give back the anemone to the store before anything major happened
Good choice. Not many make the right call here.
 
Good call. Once you're a more seasoned reefer, you can consider trying an anemone again.

Something else to consider -- the light you're using is fine for lower light corals, but once you start adding some of the more light-loving corals you may want to purchase a new light.
Thank you
Definitely will keep learning
Any light you can recommend under $200?
 
Thank you
Definitely will keep learning
Any light you can recommend under $200?
What size tank?
I too started with a current USA light-it's in it's box and hasn't been used in years now.
You could keep it and add a Reefbright or ReefBreeders light strip on a timer for better lighting.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new