This is a Great place for info and Help

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

I have a trigger sump and I've used them for the last two aquariums. No complaints here. If you need a larger refugium section or something specific they can work with you if you email them.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

mr9iron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a LifeReef sump and the build quality was very good. However, over time I do think there are better options. For example I just purchased a Triggers Systems Triton cube.

It is a great sump, asthetically pleasing and built very well.

On the flip side, you cannot beat LifeReef skimmers. They are truly set and forget.

Trickman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, I talked with Lifereef but Jeff came off as too pushy and opinionated for me. I live in California and electricity prices are insane and Lifereef skimmers need powerful pumps. No cheap electricity here. I went with advanced acrylics for my sump and an Nyos Quantum 300 skimmer. Your welcome to check out my thread here. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/trickman2s-280-gallon-upgrade.369124/
My Sump and tank are all custom and John (advanced acrylics) was happy to do it. I looked at Icecap sumps and Trigger systems. Both made good options that I am sure I would have been happy with but it was nice having a Custom one built. I also would not have waited for a month to have one built with so many awesome options out there. It was down to ICECAP and Trigger systems Triton series before John asked me if he could build my sump. Both would have been a good solid sump. I would not put all my eggs in one basket and diversify a little. Shop around a bit.

hellsangelbx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, I talked with Lifereef but Jeff came off as too pushy and opinionated for me. I live in California and electricity prices are insane and Lifereef skimmers need powerful pumps. No cheap electricity here. I went with advanced acrylics for my sump and an Nyos Quantum 300 skimmer. Your welcome to check out my thread here. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/trickman2s-280-gallon-upgrade.369124/
My Sump and tank are all custom and John (advanced acrylics) was happy to do it. I looked at Icecap sumps and Trigger systems. Both made good options that I am sure I would have been happy with but it was nice having a Custom one built. I also would not have waited for a month to have one built with so many awesome options out there. It was down to ICECAP and Trigger systems Triton series before John asked me if he could build my sump. Both would have been a good solid sump. I would not put all my eggs in one basket and diversify a little. Shop around a bit.
How much did advanced acrylics charge you?

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure he’ll see this if he hasn’t been on for a while but still! Lol. Welcome to R2R! Lol. I’ve never had a lifereef so I can’t attest to them but I run a diy on my mixed reef that’s way to powerful lol. And I’ll be either running the Trigger Triton 44 or a Trigger Platinum on my sps build. I’ve always loved my Trigger sumps!

Back