Help. Can someone identify if this is ich or something else.

The Fish Tankist

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2021
Messages
174
Reaction score
47
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started up my reef tank and cycled it for over three months. A week after getting my first fish, I realized it had a lot of white spots on it. It is acting normal and eating fine. Any ideas what this is (Sorry for the low quality photos).

IMG-3833.jpg IMG-3832.jpg IMG-3827.jpg IMG-3825.jpg
 
Pretty tough to see clearly, but with some spots being on the pectoral fin, it is likely ich. That said, the first photo seems to show some spots that are more elongate- ich would be round. I can’t tell if that is from camera shake or not.
Jay
 
Pretty tough to see clearly, but with some spots being on the pectoral fin, it is likely ich. That said, the first photo seems to show some spots that are more elongate- ich would be round. I can’t tell if that is from camera shake or not.
Jay
Would better photos be helpful?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new