Help!! Damsel in sump?

Kolby’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am looking to get rid of my yellow tail damsel because he is aggressive towards other fish. I was wondering if I could put him in my sump for the time being? or is this a bad idea?

SaleenCB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn't harm anything. Throw a piece of liverock or PVC piping in with him as well and maybe a snail or blue-leg. Just make sure to remember to feed him. If not wanting to keep him, contact LFS and see if you could trade in for credit or similar.

U

User1

View Badges
Hello I am looking to get rid of my yellow tail damsel because he is aggressive towards other fish. I was wondering if I could put him in my sump for the time being? or is this a bad idea?

Bad idea? Depends on how much flow is passing through your sump, what sort of baffles it has, and of course if your return pumps have covers to prevent it from getting sucked in. People do keep fish and other inverts in their sumps but usually they are capable of supporting the animal or coral risk free.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another risky area might be the intake for your skimmer. It's possible for critters to get pulled in.
A healthy clown should be able to avoid it, but can't say for sure.

Ly78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you just putting him in the sump for time out before putting him back in the DT? If so its a bad idea since i have done it (2 weekes time out) and once back in DT they get back to their old ways fast.

OP
OP
Kolby’s Reef

Kolby’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn't harm anything. Throw a piece of liverock or PVC piping in with him as well and maybe a snail or blue-leg. Just make sure to remember to feed him. If not wanting to keep him, contact LFS and see if you could trade in for credit or similar.

what is LFS?

Chewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not run a skimmer, pump in separate baffling, nothing but live rock , 30 gallon trigger system

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 34.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back