OP
OP
Zach0918

Zach0918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Methylene blue is just a temporary fix and doesn't do anything for ammonia issues - it acts as a temporary oxygen donor, but only while the fish is in the bath with it.

Jay
Thank you for the clarification. So if this is something that didn't happen really recently, I guess the best thing is to just keep trying to let it recover?

OP
OP
Zach0918

Zach0918

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

I have been keeping an eye on him on my livestream. As soon as light went on and he "woke up" he started to peck at the rocks. The feeder fed them at 9:00 and he ate some pellets then. He continued to peck at the rocks periodically all day, more than I have seen in months. He still seems to be take a lot of "breaks" where his stays on one corner for some time. He did not really eat many pellets on the other 3 feedings but I am kind of hoping he is just getting full from all the grazing. Current plan is just to keep monitoring, if there is any changes I should make please let know. I really wanna help this guy pull through. I will attach a link to the livestream of the last 24 hours if it would be helpful to click through.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back