OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being unfrozen for a bit while the bag is sealed shouldn't cause rotting. Did you make sure to fully thaw the food before feeding? cold food is not great for fish.
Since I only have a 30 gal. I just put the cube in the tank, throw a rubber glove on, shake the food, and the fish go nuts. I then pull out the remainder of the food put it in a container and refreeze...

Lightbulb moment I'm an idiot

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not best to thaw and refreeze. I've always done that, so I must've dodged a bullet thousands of times.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I only have a 30 gal. I just put the cube in the tank, throw a rubber glove on, shake the food, and the fish go nuts. I then pull out the remainder of the food put it in a container and refreeze...

Lightbulb moment I'm an idiot
ah, that can cause some issues. Remove a cup or so of tank water and put the cube inside of it to thaw when feeding in the future.

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah, that can cause some issues. Remove a cup or so of tank water and put the cube inside of it to thaw when feeding in the future.
Since I only have a few fish, I can't use the whole cube. Is there a safe way to use a bit of food and then refreeze?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I only have a few fish, I can't use the whole cube. Is there a safe way to use a bit of food and then refreeze?
remove a small portion of the food. If its in pre portioned cubes, cut the cube into a good portion, then defrost in a cup of tank water

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That way the bigger portion of food will stay frozen, and I can put it back in the freezer correct?
Yep. This is what I've always done, and especially so in my 13.5 gallon tank. The food is out of the freezer for maybe 1 minute total. The small chunk of a cube (about 1/3 for me) goes in a shot glass with tank water to thaw, but the package is immediately back in the freezer.

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!
Clowns are back to normal.
Blenny is better but not eating
Any tips to get him to eat a bit?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 72 47.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back