HELP! FISH ARE BARELY MOVING

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Are the fish’s gills red or inflamed by chance?
If you are getting false ammonia readings and the vessels become infected, the fish will become infected
Spoiled fish food can increase ammonia drastically. With effects of high ammonia, the fish will breathe more quickly; you will seem them flap their gills more rapidly than normal. Fish may also gasp at the surface of the water. In mild cases, fish may become lethargic and hid in the recesses of an aquarium. Invertebrates may shrink back, retracting tentacles. Invertebrates become less responsive in the presence of ammonia. The biggest sign of ammonia poisoning
Please note that I’m listing this as a possibility and not likelihood that this is what’s happening

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @vetteguy53081
There is no rapid/heavy breathing. Just lethargic. No gasping for air
All my inverts are happy and healthy including my anemones which are thriving
My pistol shrimp is also just fine

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks @vetteguy53081
There is no rapid/heavy breathing. Just lethargic. No gasping for air
All my inverts are happy and healthy including my anemones which are thriving
My pistol shrimp is also just fine
That’s good. It’s the fish itself and may have been faced with aggression, being startled, or similar

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for putting so much of a burden on you. just dont want them to die or have a condition
No worries man!
Thanks for all of your help
It's actually helpful and not just people begging for pics under white light. If you look at page 2 it's basically a large argument about lighting smh

Unitylover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries man!
Thanks for all of your help
It's actually helpful and not just people begging for pics under white light. If you look at page 2 it's basically a large argument about lighting smh
true, but we needed white light as we thought it was a sickness. Now, we know its spoiled food

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was most definitely cause and effect. I fed it one day, next day the fish were a tiny bit out of it (also fed this day), the next day (yesterday) they were not doing too hot at all.

Does the food smell "off" or look bad? There isn't anything I know of to treat this in fish.

jay

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns are almost “back to normal”
Agressively feeding, swimming up to me when I walk towards the tank. The blenny seems to be staying the same not better nor worse. I wanna agree with those who say it is a disease because if there was an ammonia spike, my shrimps, crabs, snails, and nems would all be dead (to my knowledge). I unfortunately don’t have quick access to a QT tank where I can use copper or other medications, but since the clowns are doing better, maybe the blenny will follow and it will just be a harsh lessoned learned. BE CAREFUL WITH FROZEN FOOD!

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agressively feeding, swimming up to me when I walk towards the tank. The blenny seems to be staying the same not better nor worse. I wanna agree with those who say it is a disease because if there was an ammonia spike, my shrimps, crabs, snails, and nems would all be dead (to my knowledge). I unfortunately don’t have quick access to a QT tank where I can use copper or other medications, but since the clowns are doing better, maybe the blenny will follow and it will just be a harsh lessoned learned. BE CAREFUL WITH FROZEN FOOD!
Order up some Seachem Metroplex and Focus or similar. Its fairly reef safe and can be good for the future

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what food are you using BTW? We can ping in the manufacturer to see their guidelines on food if it unfreezes

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back