OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what I know. I added 2 anemones 2 are there. Clowns are slightly lethargic and breathing heavier. Royal Gramma and Tailspot are not moving and tailspot has heavy breathing. Royal Gramma breathing unknown. No signs of external parasites. When I get home I will look very hard for any extra symptoms.

The only other possibility is my pistol shrimp died and there was an ammonia spike. Highly unlikely but I haven’t seen him this morning which isn’t unusual. Unlikely he died, but possible, he is about a year old

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will also get extra photos and videos when I get home, until then I’ll look up possible issues.

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more thing worth mentioning. My one clown keeps mouthing the anemone so would it be possible it bit part of a tentacle off and released poison?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more thing worth mentioning. My one clown keeps mouthing the anemone so would it be possible it bit part of a tentacle off and released poison?
That wouldn’t likely happen - the clown and nem are just showing hosting behavior.
One thing for O2, I had fish go from perfectly fine to near dead overnight with low oxygen.

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That wouldn’t likely happen - the clown and nem are just showing hosting behavior.
One thing for O2, I had fish go from perfectly fine to near dead overnight with low oxygen.
I’ll get an airstone going when I get home. Likely the cause, no clue why tho

ReeferSamster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up this morning to my fish being a little sleepy, didn’t think much of it. Came home at lunch to find my clowns very slowly swimming, royal gramma laying in the rock and my tailspot blenny breathing heavy. I’ll run tests this afternoon to get params. Tank is 3 years old. Running carbon and gfo. Corals and anemones are just fine. Added anemones 48 hours ago. Could that have something to do with it? Any ideas?
First things first, before hypothesizing about disease and that stuff.
Do a water change! Check parameters of new water and make sure its not too drastic of a change. And then do another one.

IME: If multiple fish act weird. Most likely its something in the water. If so, then change the water.

Last edited:
OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Clowns and Tailspot are just fine. Royal Gramma is barely kicking. He is breathing but not moving, even if I put a little current on him. Tested for ammonia but API isnt exactly accurate and I got multiple results. None were 0 tho, so I’m going to proceed with a water change. I’m struggling to figure out what caused an ammonia spike. Nothing is dead that I can see. No snails, crabs, or pistol shrimp

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First things first, before hypothesizing about disease and that stuff.
Do a water change! Check parameters of new water and make sure its not too drastic of a change. And then do another one.

IME: If multiple fish act weird. Most likely its something in the water. If so, then change the water.
This is the best response so far, straight to the point, thank you

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:
There are absolutely no signs of ammonia burn on gills on any fish or external parasites. I am doing research on what could cause this lethargic behavior. Are there any internal parasites/bacterial infections that I should be aware of that could cause this?

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update
Same thing this morning
@Sharkbait19 any ideas?
There’s literally nothing I can think of except maybe, maybe flukes. Not velvet, not brook, not ich

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 80 46.8%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 11.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back