HELP! FISH ARE BARELY MOVING

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up this morning to my fish being a little sleepy, didn’t think much of it. Came home at lunch to find my clowns very slowly swimming, royal gramma laying in the rock and my tailspot blenny breathing heavy. I’ll run tests this afternoon to get params. Tank is 3 years old. Running carbon and gfo. Corals and anemones are just fine. Added anemones 48 hours ago. Could that have something to do with it? Any ideas?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were nems qt’ed? Parasites can hitchhike on inverts, though it is more rare than a fish.
Otherwise, how is oxygenation/surface agitation? Forget to plug anything in?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up this morning to my fish being a little sleepy, didn’t think much of it. Came home at lunch to find my clowns very slowly swimming, royal gramma laying in the rock and my tailspot blenny breathing heavy. I’ll run tests this afternoon to get params. Tank is 3 years old. Running carbon and gfo. Corals and anemones are just fine. Added anemones 48 hours ago. Could that have something to do with it? Any ideas?
maybe brook. nems could have been in a system connected to one with fish in it. If all corals are fine its unlikely to be params. Get fish picks, and do a FW dip. Get a QT system up and running and pick up some copper if you have none on hand

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones contain a LOT of water. If they came from a tank with sick fish, they can very easily have brought that in. However, 48 hours is pretty quick, even for velvet.
If the corals are good, it is unlikely to be a water quality issue, even less so if the tank also has shrimp in it.
Jay

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys I was on the road. I’m at a loss. No sign of external parasites. I got the nems from a friend whose tank is beautiful, no sign of disease. Now I’m sure parasites can live in a tank without hosting, but there were no signs of disease anywhere

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E2EBCCD8-4D4C-478D-8635-9BA550A139F5.jpeg

Pic of royal gramma

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys I was on the road. I’m at a loss. No sign of external parasites. I got the nems from a friend whose tank is beautiful, no sign of disease. Now I’m sure parasites can live in a tank without hosting, but there were no signs of disease anywhere
No sign of disease doesn't mean no disease.

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m at school so I can’t get pics of clowns and tailspot is deep in a rock. The clowns look the best, just slightly lethargic

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.1%
Back