Help Identifying some Coral?

Viola

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2018
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I was hoping for a little help with identifying some coral I have in my tank. I've received great responses already with help identifying other coral in the tank and I would love for that to continue.

Thank you so much in advance for helping someone new to saltwater tanks!

1

26696969_1811267235591027_1679971158_n.jpg

2
26696191_1811267982257619_260832534_n.jpg

3
fad81772-46a0-4f15-baf8-191ef50b8875
fad81772-46a0-4f15-baf8-191ef50b8875
26694458_1811268912257526_721152228_n.jpg

4
26828666_1810283399022744_982492395_o-jpg.24807
 
#1: Sun coral (with an aiptasia in the middle: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/poll-aiptasia-removal-what-has-worked-for-you.344103/)

#2: Goniopora (Also called the flower pot coral)

#3: Sort of looks like a bubble coral but I've never seen one with such a wide oral disc (the smooth/flat part in the middle of it)

#4: Could be a trachyphyllia but also looks like a cynarina, not sure.

Perhaps the #reefsquad can confirm some of my guesses.
 
#1: Sun coral (with an aiptasia in the middle: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/poll-aiptasia-removal-what-has-worked-for-you.344103/)

#2: Goniopora (Also called the flower pot coral)

#3: Sort of looks like a bubble coral but I've never seen one with such a wide oral disc (the smooth/flat part in the middle of it)

#4: Could be a trachyphyllia but also looks like a cynarina, not sure.

Perhaps the #reefsquad can confirm some of my guesses.
I would have to agree with your choices :)
 
#4 is definitely a cynarina.... a pretty one :)
 
#1: Sun coral (with an aiptasia in the middle: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/poll-aiptasia-removal-what-has-worked-for-you.344103/)

#2: Goniopora (Also called the flower pot coral)

#3: Sort of looks like a bubble coral but I've never seen one with such a wide oral disc (the smooth/flat part in the middle of it)

#4: Could be a trachyphyllia but also looks like a cynarina, not sure.

Perhaps the #reefsquad can confirm some of my guesses.
I would go with these. Get rid of that aiptasia asap. Can spread and cause a lot of problems
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new