Help if possible! Thank you

leonk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have had afew torch corals for about 1-2 months now and two have closed up one fully and the other half I noticed this brown inside one of them today I had taken it out with a turkey baster probably not smart I then removed both of them and I think it’s BROWN JELLY DISEASES not sure but any help maybe identify it definitely smells.. and is there any cure if it is? Other corals look fine and are not retracted.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

CrayHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like BJD. What are your parameters. I have read that antibiotics have helped avoid BJD, but those are too far gone. I would suggest cutting all of the affected heads so all of your euphillya doesn’t die.

OP
OP
L

leonk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like BJD. What are your parameters. I have read that antibiotics have helped avoid BJD, but those are too far gone. I would suggest cutting all of the affected heads so all of your euphillya doesn’t die.
It looks like it was only 2 torches nothing else seems bad in the tank that I can see at least parameters are
Salinity 35
Alkalinity 6.7 going up slowly
Calcium 365
Magnesium 1350
Ph 8.1
Tmp 78
Ammonia 0
Nitrates and phosphates haven’t been tested in about a week or 2
Is there anything I should treat these corals with or are they dead for sure? And is there anything I should treat the reef with so it doesn’t spread or anything? There are no fish at the moment just corals and inverts

CrayHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it was only 2 torches nothing else seems bad in the tank that I can see at least parameters are
Salinity 35
Alkalinity 6.7 going up slowly
Calcium 365
Magnesium 1350
Ph 8.1
Tmp 78
Ammonia 0
Nitrates and phosphates haven’t been tested in about a week or 2
Is there anything I should treat these corals with or are they dead for sure? And is there anything I should treat the reef with so it doesn’t spread or anything? There are no fish at the moment just corals and inverts
I think the heads affected are dead for sure. If it were me, I would pull them so it doesn’t potentially affect others.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back