HELP LRS CELEBRATE SIX YEARS AND WIN SIX MONTHS OF FOOD & $600 LFS CASH!

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned a few years ago the quality products made by this family were superior, to the point of which I actually stopped making my own blends recently as I just can't compete, nor need to anymore.

Coming from my commercial kitchens, with top quality ingredients was just not cutting it with the fishies comparatively vs. LRS.

[emoji1][emoji225][emoji225][emoji245][emoji226]

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The invasive species years ago in their lake...

Palyzoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRS was the first frozen food maker to introduce probiotic bacteria as an additive to a marine diet. Thought this was pretty interesting. Also Larry was a police officer before starting LRS. All around awesome dude!

Brandon615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never knew how wide spread LRS food was or it was used so heavily in the advancement of the hobby. I feed LRS reef frenzy as my main food and dont plan on changing as long as its made!

dede

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the video on facebook of a mandarin eating fish frenzy, planning on getting a mandarin soon.

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know LRS (or any other fish business) supports education and research to the extent you do. I applaud that you aren't settling, but are continuing to develop and test and improve your products.

Starblenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a LRS user and I love their Reef Frenzy Nano (all my LPS loves it and is thriving thanks to it). One thing I learned is that LRS made a product called Fish Eggs, which I'll buy to replace Nutimar Ova.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm most interested in Aqua culture & the People who are learning how to breed & raise marine fish. The way they figured out all the details etc. In the future these people will learn to raise these fish so we can leave the wild fish alone. More than a few of these Folks are using LRS foods in their efforts. All "very" interesting to me. I'd like to try the coral/fish roe blends they sell. My lfs doesn't carry LRS products. I don't do twitter or instagram hope this doesn't disqualify me from trying this food out.

Last edited:

CBfromMO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Family run business that started out in their garage in North Carolina. Interesting that the Mandarin Dragonet was the fish that helped start the product. Larry was a cop before he started this business. Exports to 6 countries according to the website, but some of the videos showed feedings in Lebanon which was not on the list and the Facebook page mentioned exporting to Trinidad and Tobago. MY LFS in Kansas City, MO introduced me to Fish Frenzy. My fish love it.

Last edited:

Mark SF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned that you guys also manufacturer tank dividers! This $40 solution would have saved my $250 juvenile goldflake’s life.

Cool product.

Josel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned that LRS stands for "Larry's Reef Services.

furyofthegnomes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Through listening to the podcasts I learned that larry is a great guy and his family makes great food. I love that he's so involved with different programs promoting the hobby and health of our fishy friends with everything he does with captive breeding groups and school programs. And come on, with his food my fish eat better than I do! What's not to love?

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yasha goby are my favorite, cool to learn that Larry's food had a hand in the first captive bred brood!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back