Help me choose wrasse for my 210.

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I’d like to finalize my selection of Wrasses in my 210 gallon mixed reef. I’m not worried about reef safe etc, more just compatibility with each other.

Already have:
- Melanarus Wrasse
- Earmuff Wrasse, Large, Male

List of potentials:
- Pintail Wrasse
- Rhomboid Wrasse
- Hemi Wrasse
- Lineatus Wrasse
- Radiant Wrasse

With the large Supermale Earmuff Wrasse, can I only get female & small, fairy+flasher wrasse? Or Will Males in other subspecies co-exist with the Male Earmuff Wrasse?

Let me know your thoughts, what are can do’s and don’ts with the list of potentials?

RyanFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a really mean Lineatus wrasse that was a real bully. Next to impossible to catch him.

RyanFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know, was it a large tank? Did it bully all fish or something in particular?
It picked on my corus wrasse and lyretail wrasse and even my picasso trigger. It was about 200 gallons. He thought the entire tank was his territory and would bully others especially when they ate. Maybe I just got a bad one.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 210 Why not go for all of them? In my 110 I have 8. Radiant, Rhomboid, Flame, Lineatus, Red Line & Pintail for fairies. Diamond Tail and Blue for flashers. Thus far no aggression trouble and believe me I expected it! I feel like more is better to combat potential aggression. Getting them as juveniles helps a lot and is easier on the wallet.

RyanFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 210 Why not go for all of them? In my 110 I have 8. Radiant, Rhomboid, Flame, Lineatus, Red Line & Pintail for fairies. Diamond Tail and Blue for flashers. Thus far no aggression trouble and believe me I expected it! I feel like more is better to combat potential aggression. Getting them as juveniles helps a lot and is easier on the wallet.
I agree that adding them all together does help greatly to reduce aggression. Give plenty of hiding spots too and it should work.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back