help me rank these by light demand

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone just returning to reefing, been out of the bobby for nearly 10 years. Starting back up my passion for SPS's, I am going with a few that were around the hobby when I was last in and few newer ones. Could you help me rank these by par requirements as they are new to me. Thanks

cherry bomb tenuis
Walt Disney
blueberry fields
strawberry shortcake
Fox flame
JF Barney

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone just returning to reefing, been out of the bobby for nearly 10 years. Starting back up my passion for SPS's, I am going with a few that were around the hobby when I was last in and few newer ones. Could you help me rank these by par requirements as they are new to me. Thanks

cherry bomb tenuis
Walt Disney
blueberry fields
strawberry shortcake
Fox flame
JF Barney
I would put most them in high par (300-350) but the fox flame. I’d put the flame in lower par.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of those can handle quite a bit of light, but none of them need a ton. I have most of those around 350 as well. I do have my fox flame in more light than that about 4" under the water just barely off to the side of a MH... kinda by circumstance that it was the last good place left when I got it and not really because I thought that it was a high light coral... the red body is a bit lighter than some, but the green tips are even more intense... still a really nice coral.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

cherry bomb tenuis
Walt Disney
blueberry fields
strawberry shortcake
Fox flame
JF Barney

I'd mostly agree with Bubba. Tenuis love high light and tend to show those "rainbow colors" better under them. My Homewrecker for instance showed no pink on the branches getting 250-300 par but the branches getting 350+ have pink. I'll be moving the whole thing to higher par soon.

Shortcake I have around 250-300.

Not familiar with Barney or Blueberry Fields.

My foxflame is rocking 400 par and looking beautiful...intense red and intense yellow tips. So that's my only difference of opinion with Bubba. I've never tried it in lower par though so it can perhaps look even more lovely down there.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 112 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back