OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 3: hungry hungry! Super active energy levels 90% better! Figured I would show you guys to prove they are pigs! Waiting for food!

842FDB7B-FC75-4381-B71D-6728E9672104.jpeg

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome news. Those guys look hungry and happy. Great job taking such good care of your salty buddies. :)
I wouldn’t have it any other way! It’s the hobbiests responsibility after all! And thank you guys so much once again! I’m going to chalk this one up to a team effort! But we’re not out of the woods just yet!

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I’m seriously getting frustrated... I’m considering manual removal now... nothing seems to be working and now 2x more bumps showed up on the other side of the clown :mad:

They seem to be Unaffected by every treatment.
This is day 3 what do I do?!
I’m seriously considering throwing them in with 500 mg of Cipro in my other quarantine tank

6FCC5882-C73A-49DD-B1F2-9EF8BB9081BE.jpeg

4B58F66E-437D-4144-B96D-EE2BF19D860A.jpeg

Last edited:

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be Unaffected by every treatment.
This is day 3 what do I do?!
I’m seriously considering throwing them in with 500 mg of Cipro in my other quarantine tank

I didn't read through the whole thread. You say it's day three... has it been three days since you got these clowns? Three days since you started treatment? What are you treating them with right now?

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so long story short I’ve been through the ringer treating my true percula clownfish.... just when everything was going fine I lost 2 of my 4 just like that in qt...

Treatments I have used are listed in the picture... I used formalin and malachite green, initially for brooklynella... full doses seperated by morning and night.
That seemed to clear it up and the clowns lived another month eating healthy and well.

After being cleared from qt after 30 days... I noticed one clown getting mouth fungus.
They all hosted in a RBTA For about 3 weeks. Seeing this I pulled them all and they re entered QT. This is where things went hay wire. Rapid declines and what appears to be external parasites?!

All my other fish are doing absolutely perfect. I talked with my LFS and they are wild caught.... I’m not sure if that plays a role in this.
PLEASE HELP ME identify what I’m dealing with as I’m going to be treating the last 2 I have with the right meds.
I need to know what I’m dealing with and what to get! Thank you for reading, I figured a back story would be appropriate.
@melypr1985

Right now to me it looks to be external parasites fungus and mild Popeye

20A0F9CE-3CA2-4019-BF69-CE813848669D.jpeg

4D1F61B9-4FC3-49A8-AE6C-0C747E0F8613.jpeg

B31ABC1A-151D-4623-9CF5-8B37B559AA35.jpeg

FEC49E80-8A27-44BF-AA8F-735F357160F0.jpeg

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so the clowns were treated with formalin and malachite green a month ago? It seems to me it's time to start from the beginning again and go back to basics. Can you perform a freshwater dip on one of the clowns? See if those spots fall off in the dip. Can you get/or do you have any of the following medications? Coppersafe, cupramine, metroplex, kanaplex, furan2, acriflavin ms or ruby reef rally?

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so the clowns were treated with formalin and malachite green a month ago? It seems to me it's time to start from the beginning again and go back to basics. Can you perform a freshwater dip on one of the clowns? See if those spots fall off in the dip. Can you get/or do you have any of the following medications? Coppersafe, cupramine, metroplex, kanaplex, furan2, acriflavin ms or ruby reef rally?
Whoops your not fully up to speed! So 3 days ago at the begging of round 2 for treatment, I did a freshwater dip. It didn’t yield and results, bumps remained... I then sourced out metroplex. And have been feeding the clowns that. They have been eating it. I have also done a formalin bath. I couldn’t find ruby rally when I went looking so I would have to order...

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoops your not fully up to speed! So 3 days ago at the begging of round 2 for treatment, I did a freshwater dip. It didn’t yield and results, bumps remained... I then sourced out metroplex. And have been feeding the clowns that. They have been eating it. I have also done a formalin bath. I couldn’t find ruby rally when I went looking so I would have to order...

Ok. Unless the clowns had white stringy poop, or it was determined that it had intestinal worms some other way, I dont think feeding the metroplex is going to be the best route. I would suggest dosing the water with the metroplex and possibly adding kanaplex to that if you can.

Remember, whether you are feeding medications or dosing them in the water they take time to work. 3 days isn't going to be long enough to see results. I still say you should start dosing it in the water, but you have to give it 10 days minimum before you should consider switching medications or methods.

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Unless the clowns had white stringy poop, or it was determined that it had intestinal worms some other way, I dont think feeding the metroplex is going to be the best route. I would suggest dosing the water with the metroplex and possibly adding kanaplex to that if you can.

Remember, whether you are feeding medications or dosing them in the water they take time to work. 3 days isn't going to be long enough to see results. I still say you should start dosing it in the water, but you have to give it 10 days minimum before you should consider switching medications or methods.
I plan on running the prazi for the recommend 5-7 days. Then should I do a 100% water change and run prazi again?

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Admistered second dose of prazi... also took things a step further and went for manual removal. I used a q-tip to try and remove the first two bumps and knocked them down quite a bit. Today they are much smaller with the other one being the same size... thoughts? They are looking the absolute best they have looked I’m confident they are going to make it!

747217EE-4120-44B8-92A1-F793BF2FD2BE.jpeg

0E91D3C3-2A90-4928-AF5F-35BEA791F058.png

A49C6EEF-1C5A-41DE-A4E5-22B946E7B437.png

Back