OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks as though your fish have possibly had more than one disease issue throughout this entire ordeal.

What remains are the "bumps." Because the "bumps" are continuing to come and go, appears to confirm that at this time, what's left is Lymphocysitis. Note the underlined passages.

From Humblefish:

Lymphocystis:

Symptoms - Lymphocystis appears as a white or beige colored cauliflower-like growth that usually starts on the fins and spines and sometimes spreads to the body. Initially it may be small (looks like ich), and then grows in size (which is how you know it’s not ich). Lympho is a virus that many fish carry for life. Fortunately, it is rarely fatal or even harmful to the fish, and symptoms will come and go.
Oh boy, I’ve got lumpy fish for life ;Bored

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it was mentioned in this thread earlier that this is a virus and the fish will always have it , is it even worth it for me to keep these fish right now? If they have a virus that could possibly spread to my other fish... not sure if a couple of clown fish are worth it to infect my entire DT.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it was mentioned in this thread earlier that this is a virus and the fish will always have it , is it even worth it for me to keep these fish right now? If they have a virus that could possibly spread to my other fish... not sure if a couple of clown fish are worth it to infect my entire DT.
This virus will pass, most fish aren’t afflicted by it. I’d just continue the course and keep them in high quality water feed high quality foods soaked as you have and wait it out. I think this will be one that corrects with time. I think if the fish makes it it’ll make a full recovery and it won’t likely come back short of a major stressor event.

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright well I believe the battle has been won guys... I decided to get drastic when the medicine stop yielding results. The fish just stayed covered in the lumps... but Appatite was way up. Well it never really was poor to begin with.

So I decided the next best thing would be to get them back into the display with an anemone.
Which was my new haddoni carpet. And believe it or not after 24hrs of the male being in the carpet, clean as a whistle, not a single visible white lump anywhere. I later had to to show the female clown where the male was... again 24 hrs later no visible white dots on the fish! And they seemed to have made a full recovery. They have been in the anemone a week now and look better than ever... still perplexed though!

84198621-C840-4B70-870F-40A8FF08B1E2.jpeg

8A7EE1D3-6FD5-4F56-A0F7-4945253D02E9.jpeg

D4DE8F1F-D9DD-4D51-8667-C94BCE2AE845.jpeg

6FD9A17A-3CB2-4F8C-8F71-86DCE343397A.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back