Help me save him!!!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you've treated these clownfish with a wide variety of medications, but were any of them antibiotics (or an antiseptic)?

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you've treated these clownfish with a wide variety of medications, but were any of them antibiotics (or an antiseptic)?
I have 250 mg Cipro on hand but I’m not sure other than the metroplex? Might be a good thing to try and run next is an all around antibiotic?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

PRAZI ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS!
both clowns are now infected with bumps :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

seriously can someone help me identify this... I’m besides myself. Foodsupllents with metroplex focus... formalin... protsheild....maracryn plus... bactershield....quick cure... freshwater dips... all yielding ZERO RESULTS! Anyone!

Is this cauliflower...

KMench

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you been dosing the antibiotics? They're notoriously slow acting in fish so it may take some time to see improvements.

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the best I can do.
My question is how is this spreading while running prazi?
@Humblefish
36F9506A-E6BD-4ACF-BD50-3F7840FF6C06.jpeg

9664B435-A447-43CB-80B2-288A29D1BCCD.jpeg

06BDB5D5-BFAB-4C10-91F7-7B492BF1204A.jpeg

C5CD874F-13C4-4C0D-8F49-167FF4C51D4C.jpeg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Christopher Davis This is what I would do in your shoes: Do a large WC and run carbon for 24 hrs to pull any medication residuals out of the water. Basically, you want a clean slate in QT. Dose Metroplex + Kanaplex for 10-14 days. During this time, continue to feed vitamin soaked foods and also foods containing probiotics: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vitamins-herbal-remedies.304287/

If the clowns are still showing those bumps after 2 weeks, you've done all the good you can do for them via medication. Time to just sit back and let their immune system do the rest. So, do another large WC/run carbon, and just wait to see what happens with them in clean water with good nutrition.

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Christopher Davis This is what I would do in your shoes: Do a large WC and run carbon for 24 hrs to pull any medication residuals out of the water. Basically, you want a clean slate in QT. Dose Metroplex + Kanaplex for 10-14 days. During this time, continue to feed vitamin soaked foods and also foods containing probiotics: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vitamins-herbal-remedies.304287/

If the clowns are still showing those bumps after 2 weeks, you've done all the good you can do for them via medication. Time to just sit back and let their immune system do the rest. So, do another large WC/run carbon, and just wait to see what happens with them in clean water with good nutrition.
Read the link you gave, good stuff in there!
As a last resort should I put some faith in copper for a while?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the link you gave, good stuff in there!
As a last resort should I put some faith in copper for a while?
No, I don’t see copper helping you here. In fact, it’s more likely to be a detriment. I’d follow the antibiotic suggestion from @Humblefish above.

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a full water change on the Qt, running carbon. All clean good water in there now. Feeding a probiotic flake food and brine soaked in metroplex and kanaplex... possibly going to source out some selcon today! I’m determined to win this battle!

@Humblefish just to clarify, when you say dose I should be adding directly to the water? Everyday? Or just in the food? Thanks :)

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish just to clarify, when you say dose I should be adding directly to the water? Everyday? Or just in the food? Thanks :)

For Metroplex + Kanaplex, you want to dose the water following the instructions on the labels.

However, the vitamins you'll primarily want to soak in the food; although you can dose Vitamin C directly into the water as well. @jsker can provide dosing guidance for Vitamin C and he might also know of other vitamins you can directly dose.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a full water change on the Qt, running carbon. All clean good water in there now. Feeding a probiotic flake food and brine soaked in metroplex and kanaplex... possibly going to source out some selcon today! I’m determined to win this battle!

Mix the selcon with the food and feed. the selcon with dissipate in the water also.

OP
OP
Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I’m loosing my wits end here. Clown looks worse than he’s ever looked. The first clown has gotten 100% better with no visible signs of infection, to the healthy clown now 100% worse... I do not know what this is.... another fresh water dip. Abandoning kanaflex, and metroplex in water, going back to formalin and Malicite green.

7E354786-24A5-4DEB-8B96-132ED820AAB1.jpeg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks as though your fish have possibly had more than one disease issue throughout this entire ordeal.

What remains are the "bumps." Because the "bumps" are continuing to come and go, appears to confirm that at this time, what's left is Lymphocysitis. Note the underlined passages.

From Humblefish:

Lymphocystis:

Symptoms - Lymphocystis appears as a white or beige colored cauliflower-like growth that usually starts on the fins and spines and sometimes spreads to the body. Initially it may be small (looks like ich), and then grows in size (which is how you know it’s not ich). Lympho is a virus that many fish carry for life. Fortunately, it is rarely fatal or even harmful to the fish, and symptoms will come and go.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back