Dj City

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG!
Setting up my UV is proving to be a super pain in the ...
Having the UV pump in the drain section and outlet in the return section did not work. As I think about it, what happened makes perfect sense but I did not think of it when setting up.

The UV pump is pumping 1080gph from the drain section and dumping into the return section but the return pump is only pumping 740gph. The drain section water level was way lower than the return sectionwater level.
Water was flowing from the return section back to the biological and skimmer section. Water was so low in those sections of the sump that my skimmer was not working because I did not have enough water. Ugggh!

I now have the UV going from the return section to the skimmer section so my return pump can do is job and my water in the entire sump remains consistent (hopefully).

I think this is even less effective but hopefully still effective enough.
20200807_090842.jpg

Last edited:

CK00020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have exactly the situation I am trying to avoid. I am afraid my sump will run backwards if I dump 1000-1500 gph into it. My sump is more of a conventional style with the water coming in on one end and return pump on the other, fuge in the middle.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back