Help moving a BTA

Hitchhik3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a BTA that decided to make his home the very back of my tank behind my main aquascape. Obviously this is not ideal since no one could see him to enjoy his beauty . I gave him a few weeks hoping he would move on his own but he is staying put. His foot is very deep in the crevice of my rocks where it is nearly impossible to reach in there to try and pry it off. I bought a small powerhead and started blasting him with flow in hopes he will come off but after 3 days of being blasted, he is still not moving and now I am worried I am just injuring him. What are my options at this point?

dlsorensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To leave him alone and hope someday it will move elsewhere. Mine is also on the backside of my scape. All I see are some tentacles.

kukawskim80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a BTA that decided to make his home the very back of my tank behind my main aquascape. Obviously this is not ideal since no one could see him to enjoy his beauty . I gave him a few weeks hoping he would move on his own but he is staying put. His foot is very deep in the crevice of my rocks where it is nearly impossible to reach in there to try and pry it off. I bought a small powerhead and started blasting him with flow in hopes he will come off but after 3 days of being blasted, he is still not moving and now I am worried I am just injuring him. What are my options at this point?
In my experience, you have two options.
1. Just leave it and hope it moves
2. Pull the rock out of the tank…you may have to break the rock. They make special tools to help release anemones too. Obviously this is a big risk as it may result in changing your aquascrap

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also wouldn't recommend moving. It either likes that spot or is hiding. If you HAVE to move it, using the nem cannon might be the best idea.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
While moving not recommended especially prying which can injure its foot. If you really want to move him, you can place an ice cube at its foot and it should release but dont be persistant. You may find yourself getting it loose to have it go right back to that spot.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back