Help needed SPS keep dying.

thepotoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
coraline is growing very well.
With the upmost respect, your pictures tell a different story. I see a few patches here and there, but I'd want it covering every surface. And I'd want to see pineapple sponges, a few types of algae in places, if possible.

Take it slower.

Find a local reefer with a good SPS tank and get a few small pieces of live rock from them. If you were closer to me I'd give you some.

Give it 6 months.

Add one frag of stylo, birdsnest, or green slimer, don't drop in 30 named acros.

Wait another month and see what happens, then go from there. Keep measuring your parameters, you're definitely on the right track and asking good questions. Just go a bit slower.

OP
OP
branbray07

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the upmost respect, your pictures tell a different story. I see a few patches here and there, but I'd want it covering every surface. And I'd want to see pineapple sponges, a few types of algae in places, if possible.

Take it slower.

Find a local reefer with a good SPS tank and get a few small pieces of live rock from them. If you were closer to me I'd give you some.

Give it 6 months.

Add one frag of stylo, birdsnest, or green slimer, don't drop in 30 named acros.

Wait another month and see what happens, then go from there. Keep measuring your parameters, you're definitely on the right track and asking good questions. Just go a bit slower.
I actually did just that. I replaced all media from my sump on june 25. I also did a 50% water change over a period of 1 week , with 10 gallons a day. Since , things have improved considerably.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 53 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 64 36.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 52 29.2%
Back