HELP PLEASE!

MummysReefTank

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
7
Location
Kent
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,


I've added 2 cardinals to my 450L tank, they have been in there since Saturday, and this AM I noticed that one was looking a little raged. Now I've watched fish A attacking (the now raggedy) fish B. What should I do? They are all that is in there atm, will this stop once pecking order is established or will Fish A kill B?

:(

V
 
You may have 2 males and nor a “pair”...unfortunately distinguishing between the two is difficult..if you look between the anal fin and tail, there are 2 ‘vents’ on a male, and 1 on a female iirc . You may not be able to see though.
I would monitor the fish closely and if the one does end up taking a real pasting then separate them, it May settle down but you need to determine the time to intervene
Hth
 
8616AD31-03C7-4530-BC08-CA3A12EBAC72.jpeg
 
You may have 2 males and nor a “pair”...unfortunately distinguishing between the two is difficult..if you look between the anal fin and tail, there are 2 ‘vents’ on a male, and 1 on a female iirc . You may not be able to see though.
I would monitor the fish closely and if the one does end up taking a real pasting then separate them, it May settle down but you need to determine the time to intervene
Hth
If it is 2 blokes will they ever get on or am I going to have to rehome one/return it? :(
 
Depends on the individual fish but long term probably not I would guess... the fact they are the only fish in the tank is probably exacerbating things...

I’ve removed fish A (Bonny), as they were the easiest to catch, for now and have ordered a breeder box to turn up today to separate them... sigh! :(

BB28E08B-0380-48F9-BC81-661A752A188D.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new