HELP PLEASE!

MummysReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I've added 2 cardinals to my 450L tank, they have been in there since Saturday, and this AM I noticed that one was looking a little raged. Now I've watched fish A attacking (the now raggedy) fish B. What should I do? They are all that is in there atm, will this stop once pecking order is established or will Fish A kill B?

:(

V

AfaceInTheCrowd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have 2 males and nor a “pair”...unfortunately distinguishing between the two is difficult..if you look between the anal fin and tail, there are 2 ‘vents’ on a male, and 1 on a female iirc . You may not be able to see though.
I would monitor the fish closely and if the one does end up taking a real pasting then separate them, it May settle down but you need to determine the time to intervene
Hth

OP
OP
MummysReefTank

MummysReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8616AD31-03C7-4530-BC08-CA3A12EBAC72.jpeg

OP
OP
MummysReefTank

MummysReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have 2 males and nor a “pair”...unfortunately distinguishing between the two is difficult..if you look between the anal fin and tail, there are 2 ‘vents’ on a male, and 1 on a female iirc . You may not be able to see though.
I would monitor the fish closely and if the one does end up taking a real pasting then separate them, it May settle down but you need to determine the time to intervene
Hth
If it is 2 blokes will they ever get on or am I going to have to rehome one/return it? :(

OP
OP
MummysReefTank

MummysReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the individual fish but long term probably not I would guess... the fact they are the only fish in the tank is probably exacerbating things...

I’ve removed fish A (Bonny), as they were the easiest to catch, for now and have ordered a breeder box to turn up today to separate them... sigh! :(

BB28E08B-0380-48F9-BC81-661A752A188D.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back