Help RODI unit - fitting stuck

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to swap out a part on my RODI Unit. I can do the repair - but the fitting is STUCK hard. It’s a John Guest fitting. I know to push and hold the little ring down while you pull out the tubing.
Problem is this ring is pulled out and will NOT push down. I have tried a screw driver but I can’t get it to hardly move.:(
Any tips? I am really frustrated now.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to swap out a part on my RODI Unit. I can do the repair - but the fitting is STUCK hard. It’s a John Guest fitting. I know to push and hold the little ring down while you pull out the tubing.
Problem is this ring is pulled out and will NOT push down. I have tried a screw driver but I can’t get it to hardly move.:(
Any tips? I am really frustrated now.
Try pushing the tube in while pushing in the ring at the same time, and then holding the ring down, pull on the tubing.

OP
OP
Eva Rose

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks everybody-I had tried all above. Husband came home as he held with wrench I got tube out. Fitting is shot. I am replacing a part & had to get it off.
Appreciate the tips! Husband is in construction business & he struggled with it.
Finally got it free.
Thx!!!

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks everybody-I had tried all above. Husband came home as he held with wrench I got tube out. Fitting is shot. I am replacing a part & had to get it off.
Appreciate the tips! Husband is in construction business & he struggled with it.
Finally got it free.
Thx!!!

It won't be stuck if it's liquid.

iu

But I'd probably just break out my PEX cutter and sacrifice a few inches of tube. I think you should trim the end of the tubing just to make sure the end doesn't have any burrs that snag on the new fitting.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 75.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back