Help RODI unit - fitting stuck

Eva Rose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
860
Reaction score
1,305
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to swap out a part on my RODI Unit. I can do the repair - but the fitting is STUCK hard. It’s a John Guest fitting. I know to push and hold the little ring down while you pull out the tubing.
Problem is this ring is pulled out and will NOT push down. I have tried a screw driver but I can’t get it to hardly move.:(
Any tips? I am really frustrated now.
 
I need to swap out a part on my RODI Unit. I can do the repair - but the fitting is STUCK hard. It’s a John Guest fitting. I know to push and hold the little ring down while you pull out the tubing.
Problem is this ring is pulled out and will NOT push down. I have tried a screw driver but I can’t get it to hardly move.:(
Any tips? I am really frustrated now.
Try pushing the tube in while pushing in the ring at the same time, and then holding the ring down, pull on the tubing.
 
Hey thanks everybody-I had tried all above. Husband came home as he held with wrench I got tube out. Fitting is shot. I am replacing a part & had to get it off.
Appreciate the tips! Husband is in construction business & he struggled with it.
Finally got it free.
Thx!!!
 
Hey thanks everybody-I had tried all above. Husband came home as he held with wrench I got tube out. Fitting is shot. I am replacing a part & had to get it off.
Appreciate the tips! Husband is in construction business & he struggled with it.
Finally got it free.
Thx!!!

It won't be stuck if it's liquid.

iu


But I'd probably just break out my PEX cutter and sacrifice a few inches of tube. I think you should trim the end of the tubing just to make sure the end doesn't have any burrs that snag on the new fitting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new