Help!! Something is killing my Montipora!

C_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I recently purchased a montipora capricornis online and it has undertaken some serious damage. At first I thought it was bleaching but I don’t think that’s the case as the other corals I have, including 2 other montis of different species, are doing just fine. Perhaps something is eating it?
What should I do? There seemed to be no pests on it and the site I got it from is reputable.
Parameters are all stable and in recommended spots.

if something was to eat it my suspicions lie to my sailfin blenny or my tuxedo urchin, but I’ve never heard of either trying to eat coral

00D5F360-4B8B-41BD-893C-62DF95E36D53.jpeg

OP
OP
C_Reefer

C_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I recently purchased a montipora capricornis online and it has undertaken some serious damage. At first I thought it was bleaching but I don’t think that’s the case as the other corals I have, including 2 other montis of different species, are doing just fine. Perhaps something is eating it?
What should I do? There seemed to be no pests on it and the site I got it from is reputable.
Parameters are all stable and in recommended spots.

if something was to eat it my suspicions lie to my sailfin blenny or my tuxedo urchin, but I’ve never heard of either trying to eat coral

00D5F360-4B8B-41BD-893C-62DF95E36D53.jpeg
When I got the coral 2 days ago it was in perfect condition

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back