Help!! Something is killing my Montipora!

C_Reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
6
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I recently purchased a montipora capricornis online and it has undertaken some serious damage. At first I thought it was bleaching but I don’t think that’s the case as the other corals I have, including 2 other montis of different species, are doing just fine. Perhaps something is eating it?
What should I do? There seemed to be no pests on it and the site I got it from is reputable.
Parameters are all stable and in recommended spots.

if something was to eat it my suspicions lie to my sailfin blenny or my tuxedo urchin, but I’ve never heard of either trying to eat coral

00D5F360-4B8B-41BD-893C-62DF95E36D53.jpeg
 
Hello! I recently purchased a montipora capricornis online and it has undertaken some serious damage. At first I thought it was bleaching but I don’t think that’s the case as the other corals I have, including 2 other montis of different species, are doing just fine. Perhaps something is eating it?
What should I do? There seemed to be no pests on it and the site I got it from is reputable.
Parameters are all stable and in recommended spots.

if something was to eat it my suspicions lie to my sailfin blenny or my tuxedo urchin, but I’ve never heard of either trying to eat coral

00D5F360-4B8B-41BD-893C-62DF95E36D53.jpeg
When I got the coral 2 days ago it was in perfect condition
 
What color is it supposed to be? Montis like lower/mid light..
 
What color is it supposed to be? Montis like lower/mid light..
It’s supposed to be red. It feels like it’s been too quick for it to bleach and it spent a day under my lights and was fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new