OP
Diazcm

Diazcm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never tell anyone not to do a water change. I would, and did say however to be sure to match parameters. Ideally, you should keep the tank to match the parameters the salt mixes to. That way any water change can be done at anytime provided temp matches. I wouldn’t worry about PH during a water change of anything less than 50%.

Trace elements are also introduced in food BTW.

Your SPS sound like they are simply irritated. If the colors are good and there is no bleaching or necrosis, you should be fine. They need time and stability. Waterchanges done correctly will not affect stability.
I hope so, I'm gonna run the poly filter do a water change this saturday and let it settle hopefully by doing this it removes any possible "overdose" and i can get back on track. i'll def keep you all informed of my progress and i want to thank you ALL for your inputs.

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday, i calibrate my refractometer before i do any salinity test.

so should i hold off on this weekends WC? my ALK has been steady at 8.2 for 5 days now but Cal is creeping up slowly and i'm dosing equal parts but that's a whole other discussion.

Honestly I would hold off. Your Ca is creeping up because of the WCs plus the additional 2 part dosing. Let your system stabalize.

zsuzsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ime when i've had polyp issues it was from going from passive to active carbon (in a reactor) which i now only use passively. or my potassium levels dropped quite low. good luck and check your k level... zsu

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back