Help with Core7 dosing schedule please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tacosricos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am switching to the Core7 supplements from BRS 2-part. I'm going to start out dosing 2.2ml of each component (I mixed 3a/3b so that will actually be 4.4ml), using my BRS 1.1ml dosing heads, controlled by my apex Jr.

Considering it's only a 2-minute on cycle for most of the dosers, I'm not really sure how I want the program/schedule to work. Any suggestions are appreciated!

OP
OP
tacosricos

tacosricos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm heading to work so can't go look up the details, but the OSC command will get you the control level you are looking for.

It just seems weird to me to run it on oscillate for only a few seconds every hour... I wonder how accurately it will dose at such small intervals.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OSC is pretty good and was the main method of controlling BRS dosers for years. What I would do is set up your dosers with DI water and have them pump into a closed container for a day or a few to test whether your dosing program is working as expected. I'm using Mason jars with my DOS pumps and use the ml markings on the bottles to confirm that they are all dosing at the same rate.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to dilute the Core7 down by say 50% to help with the accuracy. You really don't want to dose very much core7 in one time and need it spread out in very small increments. That's difficult to achieve with most dosers.

OP
OP
tacosricos

tacosricos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to dilute the Core7 down by say 50% to help with the accuracy. You really don't want to dose very much core7 in one time and need it spread out in very small increments. That's difficult to achieve with most dosers.

Great tip, I don't know why that hadn't occurred to me yet! Thanks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back