help with ID nudibranch?

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi, found this in some GSP; any idea what it is?

IMG_0667.JPEG IMG_0666.JPEG IMG_0663.JPEG

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here thread I started with exact same sea slug I had, @Reefer Reboot in one of posts in this thread gave a name in species mentioned in this thread already,they looked similar but not exact.
The link in post 8 in this thread and dermatobranchus oculas looks the most similar to my eyes but again not exact but maybe change as they age idk.

All I know is the green in my gsp wasn't as vibrant as colours I've seen online and the purple mat was only a deep purple on the underside and topside where polpys is was dirty white colour so could be the sea slugs eating it away or I could have a different variety as can get some with a more whiter mat than purple and other variations like shades of green and the white circle in centre of polyp etc.

But I ended up pulling the gsp frag every night for about 3 weeks and pulled off in total around 30 plus sea slugs in various sizes and found some possible eggs once on the gsp also.
After I think a week of having the gsp it spawned also,could that be stress related as the sea slugs eating it and wants to reproduce as scared off dying or just found my tank favourable idk.

But found no sea slugs on gsp for around 5-6 weeks I think I is now and gsp fully open all day long now and not seen any other of these sea slugs on any other corals or rocks anywhere in tank,luckily they quite large so easily seen and also gave a little soft toothbrush on the gsp every other night also,ovbiously best practice would be to gently scrub with toothbrush and remove gsp from frag plug or rock like mine came on and re-attach to clean piece then dip then keep removing and I look in tank after lights out every single night as all the bugs/critters Intrigues me so much lol

Edit: here the eggs of some description on the gsp that I mentioned.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back