Help with identifying

xdSterling03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a coral from a place that only sells coral. My dad thought it would be cool to buy this and the employee who worked there said "its easy to care for". I don't know the name because my dad is the person who bought it. Can I please have help identifying this coral? I was thinking it was a "Warpaint Scoly ".

But the Warpaint Scoly is $125 to $300 and I looked at the the receipt and said it was $35 but it didn't say the name of the coral.

Thank you

If your wondering the coral is perfectly healthy how I see it please tell me if anything is wrong with it

20210504_220125.jpg

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
It is a Scolymia and it looks healthy. I don't know if it is a war paint, but for $35 you got a heck of a deal. They do like to eat, feed at night when the tentacles are out. Mine eat up the mysis shrimp every few days. I'll give you $40 for it :D!

OP
OP
X

xdSterling03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
It is a Scolymia and it looks healthy. I don't know if it is a war paint, but for $35 you got a heck of a deal. They do like to eat, feed at night when the tentacles are out. Mine eat up the mysis shrimp every few days. I'll give you $40 for it :D!
I have Sally's 100% natural fish food (Krill). Is that a good food for them or do you recommend something else?

And I was looking up Scolymia and do you possibly know what type it might be?
(Australis) (Vitiensis) (Croc Island scoly)

Screenshot_20210504-173028_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The krill will work. I don't know how big they are, you may want to chop up a little bit. I have used the San Francisco Bay brand before, but found that Piscene Energetics and Hikari are of better quality. I know some of the corals by sight, but I will defer to someone else for the specifics of this one.

OP
OP
X

xdSterling03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I know I great deal! And I also feed it. I felt guilty that ever since we got it I have never fed the Scoly. And I tried the Krill chopped up small didn't eat it then tried pellets that a youtuber recommend and it ate it!

OP
OP
X

xdSterling03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I was able to feed it. I watched a video and they said pellets work. I tried the krill and chopped it up small but didn't want to eat it. So I feed it 2 small pellets and it ate it! would feeding it pellets be a good thing?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back