Help With Kessil Light Shedule

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a tough one i got a big bulky Kessil A360W with the spectral x controller on a 13 inch deep Nuvo fusion 20g. I dont think i have my lighting right and i cant afford a par meter i was wondering if anyone is running on of these on a similar size tank with the controller and what your running you lights at for how long on what intensity's.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What corals do you have and how high is it mounted from the water? With the older models, you only have control over color and intensity (the "x" version gives you control over violet, red & green). Depending on what you're keeping, start with the tuna blue quick set program, with a max intensity of 20%. Color % is based on you preference (there's no wrong setting here), but I like 20 - 40 for color. Rent or borrow a par meter and get some readings. Also, there may be a video from BRS with the 360we par numbers and settings? Can you post a FTS of your tank and light together?

OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What corals do you have and how high is it mounted from the water? With the older models, you only have control over color and intensity (the "x" version gives you control over violet, red & green). Depending on what you're keeping, start with the tuna blue quick set program, with a max intensity of 20%. Color % is based on you preference (there's no wrong setting here), but I like 20 - 40 for color. Rent or borrow a par meter and get some readings. Also, there may be a video from BRS with the 360we par numbers and settings? Can you post a FTS of your tank and light together?
check back in 5 minutes i got you with everything.

OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i moved the frogspawn and hammer from the front to that back right area with a little lower flow. the max intesisty for my light is 40% i believe color 50% max it turns on at noon and turns off at 11 at night but it ramps up and down gradually. i have a aussie lord who seems to being doing amazing sprouting a new head. i got a bower banki,favites,2 zoa frags a hammer and frogspawn/frammer oh and a candy cane coral. i have no way of getting a par meter unless one of my buddies has one. any other info lmk im sitting in marketing class doing nothing

Attachments

• Full tank shot #2#3.jpg
    Full tank shot #2#3.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
Alex's Nano Reef

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when these two euphyllia are open one side of the head is significantly more inflated than the opposing side yet the opposing side that is not inflated is the side next the glass furthest away from the light.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The light seems kinda close to the water, which would create a big hot spot in the center. I would raise the light a little, at least 9" above the water. You might get a little spill, but the light distribution will be more even. Glass reflects light, so there's more intensity near glass sometimes. Move the euphyllia away from the glass and see if it gets better? As long as your peak intensity is 6-8hrs, you should be fine.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back