help with kryptonite candy cane and acan ench. (i was told)

NemesisAqua

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i got these two corals from this guy locally that was getting out of the hobby and they were(are) in very rough shape. is there anything i can do to speed up the recovery process? the candy cane looks to be doing better (especially after my sailfin tang and CUC got at him) but the acan? seems to kind of being staying in the same state, any suggestions? kind of new to the hobby, about 6 months in now. so any suggestions will help, i especially want to get the candy cane flourishing. thanks in advance.
20211110_092908.jpg
20211110_092918.jpg
20211029_171010.jpg

~Nick

wister06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best advice would be to maintain your system stability. Being you got them in rough shape I would just continue to keep your parameters stabile and just give them time!!! Hope this helps

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You didn’t mention your parameters, lights, etc. so if you don’t mind sharing that could potentially help.

that said, how long have they been in your display. If your parameters are fairly stable and within the range which we need in the hobby, it might just be they need a little more time to adjust

OP
OP
N

NemesisAqua

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You didn’t mention your parameters, lights, etc. so if you don’t mind sharing that could potentially help.

that said, how long have they been in your display. If your parameters are fairly stable and within the range which we need in the hobby, it might just be they need a little more time to adjust
Oh my bad haha.
Water temp: 80⁰
Ph:8.2-8.3
Dkh: 12
Cal: 640
Phos: .2 ppm (a little high?)
Nitrate: 10ppm
Nitrite: 0
Amon: .25ppm (got that under control, should be back to 0 by tomorrow hopefully)

55 gallon tank with t5s(ati bulbs)
Cascade 700 canister filter
Fluval PS

I did reposition them in the tank today, taking them out of direct light(like in the pictures) after doing a little research I learned that they don't like direct light.

Back