Help with led light mount

Sick_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have an led strip for lighting and I wanted to mount it above my tank. However, I am not looking to drill any holes in the wall (just remodeled the room) and I want to be able to secure it on the rim of my tank. Please send ideas to help me create something like the picture below.

light.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just buy that mounting system from Current Orbit? I'm sure you could figure out a way to adapt it to your led strip.

I needed just the tank mounts for a bigger, heavier system to hold 2 Photon fixtures. I asked Current Orbit and they sent them to me free. I had heavy 3/8" polished aluminum brackets made by a local shop. I ended up mounting them to the wall rather than use the Current Orbit clamps because there wasn't enough room behind the tank! ;Wideyed

Screenshot 2020-10-04 075606.jpg

OP
OP
Sick_man

Sick_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just buy that mounting system from Current Orbit? I'm sure you could figure out a way to adapt it to your led strip.

I needed just the tank mounts for a bigger, heavier system to hold 2 Photon fixtures. I asked Current Orbit and they sent them to me free. I had heavy 3/8" polished aluminum brackets made by a local shop. I ended up mounting them to the wall rather than use the Current Orbit clamps because there wasn't enough room behind the tank! ;Wideyed

Screenshot 2020-10-04 075606.jpg
I have a fluval marine 3.0 led and the brackets are too large. I'm thinking just buying like you said and figuring out how to adapt it. Do you think current usa will send smaller brackets if i ask?

jacksin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI makes a very nice bracket for there Hydra lights. Expensive but nicely made. It’s the HMS bracket

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval marine 3.0 led and the brackets are too large. I'm thinking just buying like you said and figuring out how to adapt it. Do you think current usa will send smaller brackets if i ask?

I don't know if they make anything smaller that the unit you have in your first post.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That could work. I'd be careful with the Command Strips as the heat from the leds could increase the risk of adhesive failure.

OP
OP
Sick_man

Sick_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That could work. I'd be careful with the Command Strips as the heat from the leds could increase the risk of adhesive failure.
Thanks, the command strips are only gonna be used to hold the bracket onto the wall and im going to use wire to hang the light

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back