Help with Milwaukee MA957 Regulator

Scottiemac

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2023
Messages
251
Reaction score
108
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an MA957 regulator and it's leaking gas. See image:

InkedIMG_2404_LI.jpg​

It is leaking out what I believe is called the relief valve, circled in red. The gas comes out immediately as I slightly crack it open on the canister.

Anyone know if this is something I'm doing wrong?
 
What are the pressure readings?
 
I had the same problem awhile back where I accidently didn't open the valves when I replaced the tank. That basically kicked in the safety where I had to reset. Called Milwaukee's help desk and they told me to turn the knob, but I don't recall the full details. Their service is US based and very helpful.
 
As a follow-up to this, the pressure adjustment knob has to be open just about all the way when turning the gas on. Otherwise the sudden pressure will blow the relief valve. This knob is the big knob on the front (before you say anything, hey - we're better than that!).

The key is to open it to just before it comes off, then open the tank. When the flow starts, gently turn the pressure adjustment knob to where it doesn't leak anymore, and then perhpas another quarter turn or two.

The MA 957 is great, but I really wish that this critical step in setting it up would be emphasized more in the instructions. It seems like common knowledge now, but anyone new to using CO2 tanks has no idea.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new