Help with monti digitata

dbleoh7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bubblegum digi, tubbs stelata, and fruity pebbles monti have all had their polyps retracted for 2 months now and I can't figure out what's going on. I came back from a 3 day vacation in late May and all of their polyps were retracted as in the picture. They were very healthy for 4+ months up until then. Nothing changed at all so I assumed it was something the tank sitter did even though I checked my parameters and they were unchanged. I then did a 50% water change and ran activated carbon for a few weeks along with my regular weekly 10% water changes. Throughout the past 2 months I have tried everything including increasing phos and nitrate, decreasing PAR, increasing and decreasing flow (I have frags of these that I have been moving around to see how they react). I checked them for bugs at night and there were no critters on them. The rest of my coral are all doing well including acropora, monti plates, softies and LPS, it's just the 3 montis whose polyps have been retracted 2 months. I sent a ICP analysis 2 weeks ago and the results are below. I don't know what to make of it since my magnesium is always around 1200-1250 (I use Reef Crystals and dose Brightwell B daily and Brightwell A sparingly) and has the salinity lower than 1.026 even though I've used 2 different methods to test it with both testing 1.026. Any thoughts? Sorry for the novel.

Parameters:
Back in May I was running low nutrients
Salinity 1.026
Alk 9
Calcium 450
Magnesium 1250
Nitrates undectable
Phosphates 0.02

Now I'm running higher nutrients
Salinity 1.026
Alk 9.5
Calcium 420
Magnesium 1300
Nitrates 5
Phosphates 0.05

IMG_3187.jpg Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 8.17.25 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 8.17.43 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 8.17.57 AM.png

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently started dosing Tropic Marine All For Reef (in addition to my calcium reactor) and noticed more color and growth on my bubblegum digi. Could be the trace elements. Here’s a pic without any filters.

EFB56E3C-8A38-4405-9926-E16BCC7B1E3E.jpeg

OP
OP
dbleoh7

dbleoh7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently started dosing Tropic Marine All For Reef (in addition to my calcium reactor) and noticed more color and growth on my bubblegum digi. Could be the trace elements. Here’s a pic without any filters.
That's what mine used to look like. I forgot to add that I do dose trace elements twice monthly. I can't remember which brand off the top of my head. I actually thought about getting some of that All for Reef since the reviews are so good.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what mine used to look like. I forgot to add that I do dose trace elements twice monthly. I can't remember which brand off the top of my head.
With the dosing of TM AFR - my aquarium is getting trace elements every day.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually ordered it just now. I've been contemplating. We will have to see how it goes
Think you will be pleased. Very simple to mix and dose. Happy with the results.

Good luck!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back