Help with mushroom coral

AshwinRavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I got this guy earlier today and did coral Rx for any pests before introducing him in the tank. whats wrong with this guy? just in few hours he has this white mucus thing all over him, not sure if this is normal.

all help appreciated, all my other corals seem to be fine and my parameters steady.

ricordia.jpg

aKlevans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would give him time. They are extremely hardy. Just be careful if he decides to let go of the rock, you may never see him again. (coming from experience:(:))

OP
OP
AshwinRavi

AshwinRavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would give him time. They are extremely hardy. Just be careful if he decides to let go of the rock, you may never see him again. (coming from experience:(:))
thanks, "let go of the rock"? could you please explain that a little. I didn't know they could move, lol

aKlevans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks, "let go of the rock"? could you please explain that a little. I didn't know they could move, lol
Yeah, mushroom corals have feet, kinda like anemones. The little bit of green on the right of the coral is part of it. If you see him half detached, I recommend getting a small basket (or make one out of eggcrate) and put some rubble rock or frag plugs in it and place it in a low flow area. Eventually he will attach again to one of the rocks.

I didn't know about this method until it was too late:(

OP
OP
AshwinRavi

AshwinRavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, mushroom corals have feet, kinda like anemones. The little bit of green on the right of the coral is part of it. If you see him half detached, I recommend getting a small basket (or make one out of eggcrate) and put some rubble rock or frag plugs in it and place it in a low flow area. Eventually he will attach again to one of the rocks.

I didn't know about this method until it was too late:(
thanks for that tip.. I will keep a close eye on him. my other mushroom hasn't moved ever, so I took it for granted. (rookie mistake) :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back