Help with starfish ID

YeetReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I bought a “blue linkia” starfish from my lfs and I’m pretty sure it is but I remember reading somewhere like a while ago that theirs another blue starfish species ( hopefully I’m not imaging this) if anyone could please ID this to confirm it is a blue linkia that would be great. Thank you! Have had him for a lil while and has been doing great!
A928C63F-82FE-4DB7-A3FB-C12DCE405415.jpeg

OP
OP
YeetReef

YeetReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does it eat?
It just eats a lot of my microfauna like pods and stuff but I feed live brine shrimp 3-5 times a day so maybe it get some every now and then. Also phytoplankton, Nano and iso get put in the tank weekly.

kzenoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just eats a lot of my microfauna like pods and stuff but I feed live brine shrimp 3-5 times a day so maybe it get some every now and then. Also phytoplankton, Nano and iso get put in the tank weekly.
Thanks for the info. I just got one last week.very slow mover and reef safe so no worries about my corals.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Blue Linckia Star is found in the sunny areas of the reef and reef fringe constantly foraging for food which consists of clam, scallop and mussel (pinky size) placed under its body. Do know that swings in temp-salinity-ph and nitrate as well as exposure to air (out of water ) will certainly take this delicate starfish down

Back