Help with tuning output and input on sump

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I just set up my sump, I have 1 h2overflow with stealth box as my intake i plumbed it with a gate valve to adjust it, I bought a dc pump rated for 1200 gph, but no matter how many adjustments I make to either the water level in my aquarium or sump raises and doesn’t level out, I cannot find anything online about how to fix this and I have been sitting at my sump adjusting it all day so it doesn’t overflow, please help

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume you have this and it says its rated for 1200 gph
Steps:
Fill the tank until it starts to go down the overflow.
Note: The overflow pipe needs to be at the water level surface in the sump or just above it Too deep and the pipe will not purge air and the tank can overflow.
Fill the sump from where the water enters it form your overflow pipe. (first chamber, before the baffles)
Fill it until you have about 2 to 3 inches of water above the return pump intake (return chamber)
Now open the the gate valve all the way.
Turn on the pump. If they are correct in stating 1200gph it should handle your pumps output.
You may have to add some water to the sump to make up for water that moved into the pipes . Do not overfill. When the pump is off some water will drain back into the sump

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes that is what I have and I don’t recommend you get it, the plastic on the overflow box is so warped I cannot fit the pipes in the back to make a herbie overflow, matter of fact I cannot fit any pipes in the back of the box, I will give that a try thank you

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back