OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes just be careful because the Kenya will begin growing in both. You don't want to rip it in the future. Though by then I'm sure you will have a back up Kenya.
What should I do because the base is such a weird shape. Mabe once it starts growing on one side then I'll move the other rock?

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't recommend anything directly on the Kenya tree, if that's what your asking, just give him some time he will straighten up. Even if the rock is a weird shape,

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't recommend anything directly on the Kenya tree, if that's what your asking, just give him some time he will straighten up. Even if the rock is a weird shape,
I mean the other rock is pushing against the rock the coral is on. The photo looks like it's going into the coral itself tho so I think it's fine for now

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah your fine then haha! Just let everything settle down and they will come out, and kill that aiptasia!

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah your fine then haha! Just let everything settle down and they will come out, and kill that aiptasia!
I got a copper band in there that I added the same time so he should start eating those soon when he starts to feel more comfortable. Any other solutions. Peppermint shrimp will not work in my tank

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna recommend peppermint shrimp haha. See how that works for awhile. I don't have aptasia and haven't had to fight any yet thankfully. But if I do I'll probably just pull that rock out and hold that aptasia up to a lighter:D

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna recommend peppermint shrimp haha. See how that works for awhile. I don't have aptasia and haven't had to fight any yet thankfully. But if I do I'll probably just pull that rock out and hold that aptasia up to a lighter:D
When I first saw them I was like wohoo ik growing my own corals until I now realize what they are and now I have alottt. I was like sticking this long toothpick right through them and they closed up and there back open today.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.....they are a coral haha, so you were growing your own

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up this morining to see the sinularia heads slouching in different ways. Should I leave it. I had to move my Kenya because it kept falling over. The shape of the base is so weird I can't find a spot. So frustrating, if I didn't start moving things around mabe everything would be fine:confused: But since it's happened do kenya trees have any specific requirements. The one head on the sinularia seems fine but the others keep floping around.

image.jpg

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They adapt really well to different conditions so just leave them unless they fall head first into sand. You can look for rock apoxy to permanently fix the Kenya base to another rock.

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They adapt really well to different conditions so just leave them unless they fall head first into sand. You can look for rock apoxy to permanently fix the Kenya base to another rock.
Ok I might get that. Is it ok if parts of the head on the sinularia don't get light.

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I might get that. Is it ok if parts of the head on the sinularia don't get light.
Depends on how big the parts are if a few small parts are in shadow that's fine. If half is you may have problems. The coral will also stretch and change shape some to get where it likes.

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how big the parts are if a few small parts are in shadow that's fine. If half is you may have problems. The coral will also stretch and change shape some to get where it likes.
The big head keeps moving so the he's is facing directly forward so it seems like it's not all getting light

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light might be too bright then or it is flow. Either way I would let him try to figure it out himself first. If after a week or two he can't get comfy then move. Things change in the wild and they adapt.

OP
OP
Saltwaterfishy

Saltwaterfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light might be too bright then or it is flow. Either way I would let him try to figure it out himself first. If after a week or two he can't get comfy then move. Things change in the wild and they adapt.
Ok thanks

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small one shouldn't as long as all the parameters of the new water match the old. Minus nitrate of course [emoji6]

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back