HELP!!!

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey that's neat. We haven't done those on here before but the biology is still the same, I'd assumed lots about this tank and that it was a reef. All details regarding group A rock in that linked thread still apply, and that narrows a clear direction down from various cycling options

You add bottle bacteria, along with that ammonia shown in the thread up to 2 ppm, in a tank with no life in it. When you can go to zero ammonia in 24 hours down from 2 ppm, your brackish tank can have fish back. any time currently spent with fish has added to the bacteria in the tank, but to tell if it's enough you have to digest test from the thread.

That means you never judge your cycle off a single reading of numbers. It's a dual reading

A 2 ppm one

Then a zero one in 24 hours. Those combined readings tell you it's ready.

Last edited:
OP
OP
samdizshiz

samdizshiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey that's neat. We haven't done those on here before but the biology is still the same, I'd assumed lots about this tank and that it was a reef. All details regarding group A rock in that linked thread still apply, and that narrows a clear direction down from various cycling options

You add bottle bacteria, along with that ammonia shown in the thread up to 2 ppm, in a tank with no life in it. When you can go to zero ammonia in 24 hours down from 2 ppm, your brackish tank can have fish back.

thanks very much

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look like Figure 8 Puffers which, like you stated, are brackish water fish. So you should have a specific gravity (SG) of around 1.005 to 1.008.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%

Back