OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your surface water agitation like, how is your skimmer running?
Skimmers running perfectly, surface agitation is a standing wave I finally was able to produce with my gyres. So pretty agitated I’d say.

In my skimmer chamber there is a thin layer of oil or slime of some sort on the water surface. Bubbles get trapped underneath it, seems mildly concerning. Is that a side effect of carbon dosing or anything like that?

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmers running perfectly, surface agitation is a standing wave I finally was able to produce with my gyres. So pretty agitated I’d say.

In my skimmer chamber there is a thin layer of oil or slime of some sort on the water surface. Bubbles get trapped underneath it, seems mildly concerning. Is that a side effect of carbon dosing or anything like that?

The oil could just be be skimate, I just took this to show how wet I am skimming, open drain into the sump refugium, you can see the bubbles if you look for the twin light spots! ;)
You are the only person that can sense what your tank needs, slowly does it every time! ;)

DSC_0004 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The oil could just be be skimate, I just took this to show how wet I am skimming, open drain into the sump refugium, you can see the bubbles if you look for the twin light spots! ;)
You are the only person that can sense what your tank needs, slowly does it every time! ;)

DSC_0004 (1024x683).jpg
Oh wow you win lol. Mine is tame compared to your bubbles lol.
83F166D4-ECB1-408A-A6A7-18784135B59E.jpeg

Foamy skim
8819074E-67BE-4BAF-9986-F32BDDF3C74B.jpeg

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that thing is awesome, are the sweepers pretty nutty?
Thanks dude! Not to bad. An inch or two at night. If I see long sweepers out and I’m still up I’ll thaw a mysis cube and hook him up.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks dude! Not to bad. An inch or two at night. If I see long sweepers out and I’m still up I’ll thaw a mysis cube and hook him up.

the only chalice i've ever had was a hollywood stunner and i was floored at what that dude was throwing out. galaxea levels of sweep

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the only chalice i've ever had was a hollywood stunner and i was floored at what that dude was throwing out. galaxea levels of sweep
Oh yea Hollywood sweepers are brutal. The only way I was able to keep mine at bay was to put it under my gyre so it gets crushed with flow. Sweepers rarely come out on that and my pectinia which is convenient. Both those are known to own neighboring corals.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you frag that...
I’ll save a frag for you! 6months to a year when it fills up the rock it’s on I’ll frag some of it then grow out a big piece on a bigger rock ;)

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Nicee. What are you thinking of doing?

I’m so not a visionary when it comes to interior decorating and that is what I feel this is like. I do like the colors of the sps and the flow of the euphyllia so some good balance between movement and color.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 51 42.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 56 47.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back