OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHAHA! This looked dead comment killed me! Glad you bounced back!

Surely a horse and carriage can find it's way anywhere in the world. I'm sure they don't discriminate on vehicle type on ferries.
Exactly! Lol. After a good nights sleep I’m still on board for this Non Profit. Let’s Goooo. Doing something is better than doing nothin’

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This was funny. lol. What is the word that means that you technically answered the question, but it didn't provide information.... Ugh, I hate when I can't remember words.
I use circumnavigate. I wasn't trying to be vague.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use circumnavigate. I wasn't trying to be vague.
Lol... no... it's a word that means that you've provided an answer, but that it doesn't add more information. It doesn't have a negative connotation at all, and it's a rarely used word. I cannot find it online, it's likely to come to me randomly in 2 months.

An example might be if someone asked what a desk was built out of. The person may answer wood, when the person asking the question meant what type of wood. That may not be a great example.

Ugh... this is going to drive me crazy! It's on the tip of my tongue!

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That's crazy! Hope she's doing okay!

Yes doing fine. All out back together. Completely tore the hide up over the knee and had about 4 inches of undermined tissue. Multiple layers of stitches after taking an hour to rinse out the kerosene and lavender oil they out all over it before getting here. Got run Over by a metal wheel buggy. Ugh

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The word is ambiguous

HAHA.... that means unclear... there is a word that means that someone answered a question without providing more information. Like... it was technically an answer, but didn't really answer the question. It is a really obscure word. Anytime I've ever used it, people have asked me what it meant. I read it in a book many years ago and loved it... I may have to end up figuring out which book it was in...

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA.... that means unclear... there is a word that means that someone answered a question without providing more information. Like... it was technically an answer, but didn't really answer the question. It is a really obscure word. Anytime I've ever used it, people have asked me what it meant. I read it in a book many years ago and loved it... I may have to end up figuring out which book it was in...
Glib?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol.. .that made me laugh. No it's a bigger word. It's on the level as the word pedantic. Which I have been called once or twice... Surprising right?

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol.. .that made me laugh. No it's a bigger word. It's on the level as the word pedantic. Which I have been called once or twice... Surprising right?
Lol. Well glib might be my new favorite word! What a fun definition. Reminds me of my wife’s British grandma.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 134 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back