Hephaestus zoa

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local guy wants 50$/head here. Are they worth that and are they melters? Have some high end already (CB white zombie, and WWC illuminati). Can I keep these ok?

313370AB-4491-4B55-A8A7-0CD85DE9BD09.png

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! I have been looking for these and their about 200 pp! I wish I could find for that price! I am trying to buy all the high end ones now!

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey quick question, I’m getting a yellow corris from a LFS. They’ve had it for like a month in copper and it’s doing great. Is that long enough of a QT for me to feel safe plopping it into my DT? They’ve held it based on my request and everything in all their systems looks like it’s doing well.
Can't go wrong with a yellow corris or a harem of melanarus. I've got a trio in my display and they might be my favorite group of fish.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey quick question, I’m getting a yellow corris from a LFS. They’ve had it for like a month in copper and it’s doing great. Is that long enough of a QT for me to feel safe plopping it into my DT? They’ve held it based on my request and everything in all their systems looks like it’s doing well.
Need to find out copper level of tanks and what copper they are using.

Most LFS run copper, but not at full therapeutic levels. This suppresses the diseases, but does not eliminate them.

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally worth it for that price, super awesome colors in person….slow to settle in for me but not melters, by far my favorite

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to find out copper level of tanks and what copper they are using.

Most LFS run copper, but not at full therapeutic levels. This suppresses the diseases, but does not eliminate them.
I’ll ask and find out. I don’t have any means of quarantine. It’s the cleanest LFS I’ve ever seen though. Nothing dying or sick, sand and full rock scape in every tank. Is my risk substantial if I get this fish? I got a mandarin off them and plopped her straight into the DT a week ago and she’s not caused any issues or acted sick at all. Only thing in my biocube right now are two clowns. I just don’t want to risk losing them.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll ask and find out. I don’t have any means of quarantine. It’s the cleanest LFS I’ve ever seen though. Nothing dying or sick, sand and full rock scape in every tank. Is my risk substantial if I get this fish? I got a mandarin off them and plopped her straight into the DT a week ago and she’s not caused any issues or acted sick at all. Only thing in my biocube right now are two clowns. I just don’t want to risk losing them.
If you have a mandarin, clowns and plan to add a yellow coris, you hvae 3 of the most resilient (as long as healthy) fish types out there for being able to deal with ich. Velvet is whole other deal and without QT there is always a risk.

I will say, if the wrasse is eating and the other fish you have are heatly, the chance of issues is low.

In addition, being as the LFS has sand/rocks in the tank, I bet the copper levels are not at theraputic, unless they kept doing to those levels, as the rock/sand will bind some of the copper.

In any case, there is a risk. But that does not mean death. Numerous people have awesome tanks with awesome fish with no QT. They also have established tanks, stability and feed well.

Just food for thought, as no one can really say the risk when it comes to diseases.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a mandarin, clowns and plan to add a yellow coris, you hvae 3 of the most resilient (as long as healthy) fish types out there for being able to deal with ich. Velvet is whole other deal and without QT there is always a risk.

I will say, if the wrasse is eating and the other fish you have are heatly, the chance of issues is low.

In addition, being as the LFS has sand/rocks in the tank, I bet the copper levels are not at theraputic, unless they kept doing to those levels, as the rock/sand will bind some of the copper.

In any case, there is a risk. But that does not mean death. Numerous people have awesome tanks with awesome fish with no QT. They also have established tanks, stability and feed well.

Just food for thought, as no one can really say the risk when it comes to diseases.
Ich is not my primary worry. It’s velvet and brook. Can wrasse even carry brook? I don’t know what to look for in terms of velvet but everything they have is in good shape with no heavy breathing and nothing just listing on the sand bed. They’re tanks are independent of each other and this one contains many small cleaner wrasse as well as some massive melanarus wrasse. That I saw it’s a wrasse only sales tank. I basically can’t QT but I never have in the past and have never been burned by anything yet. Not to say I won’t just wondering if it’s worth the risk, that being said, I love my clownfish. But I’m loosing hundreds in zoa to pods without a wrasse. Do you think it’s worth the risk to try this?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich is not my primary worry. It’s velvet and brook. Can wrasse even carry brook? I don’t know what to look for in terms of velvet but everything they have is in good shape with no heavy breathing and nothing just listing on the sand bed. They’re tanks are independent of each other and this one contains many small cleaner wrasse as well as some massive melanarus wrasse. That I saw it’s a wrasse only sales tank. I basically can’t QT but I never have in the past and have never been burned by anything yet. Not to say I won’t just wondering if it’s worth the risk, that being said, I love my clownfish. But I’m loosing hundreds in zoa to pods without a wrasse. Do you think it’s worth the risk to try this?
If it was me, again this is just me.

I would get the wrasse. My nieces tank (32 biocube) is almost the same stock as yours. We went with a 6 line for it though, as she liked it more. Similar to you, nothing has been QT'd, but was at LFS for a while, it is a good lfs and nice/clean. Everything is doing well in her tank for quite a while now.

If this was for one of my larger tanks with some very expensive fish, it would get QT'd.

Again, this is just me.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was me, again this is just me.

I would get the wrasse. My nieces tank (32 biocube) is almost the same stock as yours. We went with a 6 line for it though, as she liked it more. Similar to you, nothing has been QT'd, but was at LFS for a while, it is a good lfs and nice/clean. Everything is doing well in her tank for quite a while now.

If this was for one of my larger tanks with some very expensive fish, it would get QT'd.

Again, this is just me.
That’s what I’m leaning towards. My clowns are healthy and get frozen foods daily. They should have an immune system that can handle any issues I hope. I’ve never QT’d before and I had a MASSIVE engineer goby who was like a dog to me so idk why I’m so worried about it now

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I’m leaning towards. My clowns are healthy and get frozen foods daily. They should have an immune system that can handle any issues I hope. I’ve never QT’d before and I had a MASSIVE engineer goby who was like a dog to me so idk why I’m so worried about it now
We get attached to our little critters of the sea. I have some fish that are over 25 years old. Some have passed due to age recently and it hurts just like any other pet, so I get the attachment.

With that said, it is normal to be worried with new additions and all of that. You are trying to give the best care possible, so hats off to ya for that.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If u don’t Qt u can always try this Safety Stop - Rapid Fish Quarantine Dip (52 pouches) - BlueLife

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back