OP
dmillz

dmillz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fairly new myself, & like you much experience in freshwater. Around 9 years from dovii to jags to red terrors Red Devils red tails , lots of cichlids,, but I tried this hobby a few years ago & failed horribly! Lol & let me tell you it’s a entire different world! But I’m currently attempting again, I wish you the best! I hope you wish me the same. What setup are you thinking about?
I have a 120 currently set up with fresh 3 water turtles (getting to the point where I am going to need to upgrade again but im not allowed to according to my husband) got a sump a couple months ago so all I need right now is the return pump, skimmer, rock, sand, and plumbing and then I am pretty close to getting started.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home to you, too! Start another thread and show us some pics! :)
Hi everyone!
Im new to this whole forum thing in terms of being a member though I have been trolling for years, so thank you to everyone that helped me along the way without even realizing it. My wife has been trying to get me to start contributing so here we go....
once i get this all figured out I can put up some pics of my most recent build.
Looking forward to getting involved.

OP
OP
dmillz

dmillz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R :) what have you had in the 120? I used to keep planted freshwater.
Currently there are turtles and feeder fish nothing complex but creatures that are extremely messy and starting to get too big. I do have to say that I am extremely proud of my self for keeping their water crystal clear with very little maintenance and I am sad to see them go; but one has to do what is right for the animals right?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
giphy.gif

OP
OP
dmillz

dmillz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome .. converted my 500 gallon freshwater ( Arowna / stingray ) to a reef tank .. saltwater is much more rewarding .. good luck and glad to have you with us

Oh I would love an arowana and some rays buy I am going to need another house to live in my mother says. all in all my husband and I have 3 tanks of fish, 2 bearded dragons, a bird and 3 dogs.

OP
OP
dmillz

dmillz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an odd idea here but I am having to re-home my turtles because they are getting too big for my system (and according to my husband I am not allowed to upgrade to a larger tank) which is why I am converting this tank to a reef (hopefully in the spring).

Any how I was just wondering if any one on here had a fresh water system or pond that would want turtles? Two of them are yellow bellied sliders and the third is a painted.

I would rather see them go to a good home where some one wants them than to take them to the pet store for them to live there.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back