Welcome to R2R!!!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
So I love ALMOST everything about this hobby. Unfortunately I got talked into buying a tank for my house that was a bit too big for me and the structural integrity of my house.

My first tank WOULD have been a 120 gallon RR aqueon complete with everything I needed. But once filled up, I could see the beams I placed it on have some issues. I decided to go smaller. So now I'm in the midst of looking for something probably 60 gallons or less even a nano tank. Hoping to get a lot of good ideas from the forum, even a bit of helpful advice.

Hopefully I can offload the tank on a reasonable amount of time and get back into the hobby. It's nice to meet everyone!

Yes, water is heavy. If you have basement below and access to beams, there is structural supports you can add from local home improvement store that will help with floor (and presumably bounce & squeaks) even if you stay with smaller tank size(s). Best to be safe than sorry down the road. Looking forwarding to hearing about your future successes!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Structural integrity of your residence is where tank dreams can meet hard reality. Glad you found out before you went too far down the road. Looking forward to seeing what you build.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back